Sunglasses and Advil




Asos dress
Marc by Marc Jacobs Pumps
Stella & Dot "Bahari" Necklace and "Chantilly" Cuff

Shame is a really powerful motivator. Like unbelievably powerful. I was pretty much set on spending Sunday at bedside baptist before wolfing down some hangover burgers and watching television for the rest of the day. I hadn't planned on receiving a call from one of the lovely ladies at our church to offer us a lift. I didn't have the heart to tell her I felt like acting like an ungrateful heathen that day (I mean after all I just went on and on about how great 25 was and how fabulous my birthday was!). I was so ashamed of myself, I pulled myself out of bed and went to church. I'm glad I did because it was a wonderful service.

In addition to giving thanks for another year, I thanked God for concealer and advil because that's the only way I made it to church without looking and feeling like a zombie. I put on this cute little chiffon Asos dress with a statement necklace and heeled saddle shoes to make it through service fabulously. I forgot how much I love these shoes. When I was a little Mercedes, I loved my saddle shoes, so when I found a pair with a heel I had to have them. A little nostalgia is good for the soul.

For the record, I did get my hangover food. A bland burrito from a mexican place I was hoping would be like Chipotle...it wasn't. Bummer.

2 comments:

  1. Ive actually sat here and read nearly every single one of your posts! fab blog .. love thats its not justs the usual fashion blog and we get to see parts of your life too ... POST MORE!!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! It's been a while, but I will be posting this week! xx

      Delete