Hair Nightmares

Moving comes with quite a few challenges, but the biggest one for me has always been finding a new hair stylist. Moving countries is hard enough, but now I have to figure out how to maintain and style my relaxed hair! I typically start my search by asking for recommendations, but since most of the women I've seen either wear extensions or short natural do's, I've been having a very difficult time. I finally ran into a lady on the tube who had beautifully styled hair that looked very healthy, so I asked her for her salon and stylist. She was happy to give me the information, and I was happy to finally have a solid recommendation(...or so I thought).


I ventured down to Peckham last week after finally setting my appointment for a simple wash and style. The salon looked nice enough, and I was pleased to see that they used good products. I was washed promptly and thoroughly and put under the dryer. My hair felt soft and my scalp felt clean, so I started getting excited to have my hair styled. Everything was going soooo well until he put some greasy product on his hand and began to massage it into my scalp. This man was greasing my scalp like a skillet, and had planned on then putting a flat iron through it! I tried to hide my horror, but when he started flat ironing I almost lost it. I'm used to stylists putting the flat iron on a piece of hair once to straighten and again to style. This man was going over each piece at least 4 or 5 times. I couldn't figure out if the smoke was coming from my ears or the flat iron touching the grease in my hair, but it didn't matter. He finished my hair, and while it didn't LOOK all that bad, it felt greasy to touch and it lacked ANY sort of movement. It was almost like I was wearing...I don't know...a hair hat. I was mortified.

Needless to say I will NOT be going back to Kosit Hair Design ever again! My hunt for a stylist continues...






2 comments:

  1. Try these guys

    hype coiffure
    186 Lavender Hill Battersea, London SW11 5TQ
    020 7223 3800

    Not that cheap. But very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete