Beauty at the Diane von Furstenberg Fall 2013 Show



New York Fashion Week is in full swing, and while so many of us are talking about the clothes, I'm also taking in the beauty. I was going through the images of Diane von Furstenberg's collection, and as much as I LOVED every single look, I couldn't help but notice the 70's glam-rock makeup she had going on. The bright magenta pouts coupled with the muted no-fuss lids was a match made in beauty heaven.


The eyes were created using a champagne color to brighten the corners of the eyes and a rusted red from MAC's upcoming fall palette on the lids. The matte lip is here for another season (YAY!). The lip was created using a magenta pencil for a matte finish. I am absolutely looooving the magenta pouts. I'm looking forward to seeing MAC's new fall shades if this is any indication of what's to come.


One of the trends I've been seeing this week is this light to no mascara look. I don't know how I feel about that since mascara makes your eyes look so much more amazing, but it looks great on the runways coupled with dewey skin and bright pouts. There's something really fresh and glamorous looking about it, so I guess less really is more. For those of us though not blessed with lashes great enough to be worn naked, I would suggest a clear mascara to add some length and definition.


Photo credit: Style.com 
Now all I have to do is figure out if I'll be waiting until the fall to try this look...

Stay fab! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment