Beauty Trend to Try: BB Creams


I'm not going to lie, I've been resistant to the BB cream hype for quite some time. I already have a tinted moisturizer in my arsenal for low coverage days, so I didn't really see the point. Had it not been for a trip to Superdrug to buy mascara, I probably never would have tried it. I picked up a tube by Sleek figuring the low price tag would make it at least worth a try.

For those who don't know, BB creams, also known as Blemish Balms, are said to be the all in one facial cosmetic. BB creams are used to even out complexions, cover up imperfections, perk up dull tones, and hydrate skin. I've only tried one so far, but from what I can tell there are different BB creams available on the market to suit different needs.

So here are my thoughts on the Sleek BB cream:

It's a really creamy, highly pigmented, but light formula. I applied it with my fingers starting at my chin and jawline to make sure the tone was right.  The 'dark' formula was perfect for my complexion. Once I applied the BB cream, I applied a tiny bit of concealer to my under eyes, eye liner, mascara and filled in my eyebrows. I went for a nude glossy lip as well for an all around light makeup day.

I really liked the coverage for a low maintenance kind of day. Because I was in a studio most of the day working on a photo shoot, I didn't want to have a bunch of makeup on knowing I wasn't going to have a lot of time to be touching up red lips and a shiny T zone.

My only concern was how shiny I was at the end of the day. I didn't use a powder to set the cream in the morning, so I would definitely recommend doing so if you have oily skin.

Verdict: Love. It's so light, I almost forgot I was wearing makeup. It's perfect for a day when you want to look fresh but not overdone.

Stay fab! xx

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of BB cream, and I'm always looking for something lightweight for my quick runaround w/ the baby days. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete